The Natur-Tec® 3000 series is a platform of high-performance, biobased, and compostable polymer resin compounds for injection molding made with modified PLA (polylactic acid). This platform is specifically engineered for applications where high-heat performance and/or dimensional stability are critical such as foodservice packaging, garment packaging accessories, and agricultural clips.
Natur-Tec® resins are certified fully compostable to the stringent requirements of international standards for compostable plastics, including ASTM D6400, EN 13432, and ISO 17088 and provide an environmentally friendly alternative to conventional plastics.
Natur-Tec® 3000 series resins are engineered for high-performance and can be easily processed on standard extrusion equipment.
- 100% compostable, and meets requirements of ASTM D6400 and EN13432
- Up to 95% biobased as measured by ASTM D6866 and EN 16785
- Approved for direct food contact and contains no heavy metals
- Engineered specifically for high-heat resistance applications such as cutlery and food service packaging
- A total platform solution from a supply chain you can trust
3000 Series Grades
The Natur-Tec® 3000 Series is obtained by letting down our impact-modified, nucleating masterbatch into IngeoTM or Luminy® performance grade PLA resins. Innovative masterbatching approach maintains molecular weight of the resin compound, thereby improving mechanical strength of the finished product. Cutlery made from the 3000 series is tougher than PS at room temperature and stronger than PP at high temperatures.
Grade Specific Features
- Tailored for use in low-cavity injection molding processes, with post-mold annealing for crystallization
- Increased dimensional stability optimizes performance while reducing warpage and production scrap
Grade specific Features
- Tailored for high-cavity injection molding processes with reasonable cycle times
- Exceptional in-mold processing, allowing for precise dimensional tolerance
- Single-use cutlery
- Disposable coffee pods
- Single-use foodservice packaging
- Garment industry packaging accessories
- Agricultural clips
Need more information?
Let’s Talk Sustainability
Curious how Natur-Tec® resins can be used to create sustainable solutions to traditional plastics? Please contact our team to learn more and explore the ways we help our clients work towards a more sustainable future!
Natur-Tec® has production and research and development capabilities all over the world with local teams to ensure your success.