The Natur-Tec® 7000 series is a platform of high-performance, biobased, and compostable polymer resin compounds designed specifically for flexible film applications. Compostable plastic film is used to produce compostable bags and liners, packaging, and more. Natur-Tec® resins are certified fully compostable to the stringent requirements of international standards for compostable plastics, including ASTM D6400, EN 13432, and ISO 17088, and provide an environmentally friendly alternative to conventional plastics.
Natur-Tec® 7000 series resins are engineered for high performance and can be easily processed on standard extrusion equipment. Natur-Tec® films are durable and strong, affording an excellent heat-seal strength, and allowing for crisp and clear printability. For applications where high barrier properties are required, Natur-Tec® films can be easily combined with other substrates in a laminate structure as a sealant layer.
- 100% compostable and meets requirements of ASTM D6400 and EN13432
- Up to 32% biobased as measured by ASTM D6866 and EN 16785
- Contains no heavy metals
- Suitable for a wide variety of film and packaging applications
- A total platform solution from a supply chain you can trust
- Certified for compostability up to 120 microns by the BPI and up to 60 microns by TÜV Austria
- UV protection functionality available
- Excellent tear, elongation, and dart properties for finished products
- Clear and colored films available
- Finished products allow for crisp and clear printing
- Excellent heat-seal strength
- Can be used as a sealant layer in laminate structures
7000 Series Grades
The Natur-Tec® BF700Z-X is a resin platform tailored for flexible film applications. It is engineered for high performance and can be easily processed on standard extrusion equipment.
- Provides for a soft, highly flexible and tough film
- Higher tensile, dart impact, and tear strengths than LDPE
- Engineered strong. Liners made from BF703-B-0 hold up to 80 pounds
- Elongations are similar to LDPE/ LLDPE blends
- Excellent for packaging applications and bin liners
- BF7002 provides for a balance of flexibility and stiffness allowing for die-cutting while still maintaining flexibility and toughness for good load bearing capacity
- Up to 20% biobased carbon content as measured by ASTM D6866 and EN 16785
- Formulated for shopper/t-shirt bag applications
- Holds up to 40 pounds
- BF7003 is our stiffest film formulation providing modulus, tensile strength and elongation similar to HDPE
- Up to 30% biobased carbon content as measured by ASTM D6866 and EN 16785
- Clear films allow for fast and accurate in-line scanning
- Engineered for films used to make side-seal & cut packaging bags not needing as much load bearing capacity
- Ideal for garment and apparel packaging applications
- Compostable bags and liners
- Carry-out and shopper bags
- Produce bags
- Food service gloves
- Agricultural mulch film
- Apparel packaging
- Films for food service and consumer packaging
- Heat sealant layer for laminate packaging structures
Need more information?
Let’s Talk Sustainability
Curious how Natur-Tec® resins can be used to create sustainable solutions to traditional plastics? Please contact our team to learn more and explore the ways we help our clients work towards a more sustainable future!
Natur-Tec® has production and research and development capabilities all over the world with local teams to ensure your success.